Tuesday 15 May 2012

About this Blog

Hello there!

This blog will be about my adventure with T-Gauge model railways.

"Who am I?", you ask - I am J.P.M. I hail from Sydney, Australia. (More about me in a moment).

Photo of an Eishindo T-Gauge carriage on top of
a human finger. T-gauge track is 3mm wide!
The next question I guess is, "What is T-Gauge?" T-Gauge model railways are tiny - very tiny. The track is only 3mm between each rail, and the trains themselves are scaled at 1:450 - in other words, the trains are 450 times smaller than the real-world object that they represent.

So, about me, I am not entirely new to model railroading, but I am new to small-scale railroading. A long time ago, as a child, I (literally) played with HO-Scale trains on the floor of the family home along with LEGO bricks. That eventually led to a ready-to-run layout that my father still has in his possession, but as I got older, other things became more interesting to me.
Skip a decade and a bit, and I find myself once again immersing myself in the world of LEGO bricks. One thing leads to another, and next thing I know, I am part of a group displaying LEGO railway layouts (L-Gauge, as it has been dubbed) around Sydney and Australia. We even won the "People's Choice Awards" at one of the most respected model railway shows in the country, where we were competing against layouts constructed in the 'traditional' fine-scales (i.e. HO, N, Z, etc).
Anyway, at one of the model railway shows I attended, I was intrigued to see on one of the merchant stands a circle of track only about 130mm in diameter with a tiny little 4-carriage train running around it. This was T-Gauge! Intrigued, I started looking online for more details about T-Gauge, and started reading. the more I read, the more intrigued I became. Eventually, I made the decision to actually buy a set and have a go at T-Gauge (and fine scale modelling!), which brings us here!

I'll be sharing my thoughts and resources I find relating to T-Gauge on this blog, and I invite you to join in my little adventure (pardon the pun!) with T-Gauge model railway modelling!

-- J.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated by a human before they are displayed on this blog, it wouldn't be like this if spammers did not exist....